Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wedding Bag

A wedding. The joining of two great things...paper and adhesive...I mean...a loving man and woman. It's been awhile since I've gone to a wedding and when we received the invite I was ready to break out the craft supplies! All I needed....an inspiration. So where would I go but Pinterest.

I can always count on Pinterest to get the old creative juices flowing. Perusing late one night, I came across a really great "Card Organizer" made of cardboard, cardstock, and ribbon. I'm totally "scrap-lifting" that ran through my head faster than a 10-year old on a soapy slip-and-slide. As with all my projects, I needed to let the ideas swirl around in my head for a bit. 

Complete Project at: http://becreativewithamy.wordpress.com/2009/12/21/card-organiser-tutorial/
The color palette I decided on was black and white. Classic right? Elegant? Regal? All things worthy of a wedding motif. I have to give tons of credit to Hubbs. I drug him to the craft store to find "the perfect black and white wedding paper." Easy? Um, NO! The only black and white wedding paper was text laden. Not exactly the feel I was going for. All of a sudden, it was like I was in the toothpaste aisle..."All I want is toothpaste!" I was moving so fast from paper to paper (remember Hubbs? Well, he's an in-and-out-with-what-we-need kind of shopper...time would run out soon!). Just as I was ready to throw in the towel, Hubbs carefully slides a Stack-Pack of black and white paper in my line of sight and says, "This may not be what you're looking for, but it has black and white paper. It's not wedding but I thought I'd show you." Don't you love his approach...this may not be what you're looking for...genius I tell you! At that very moment, the clouds parted, sun streamed through the windows and he was encircled in light....my Savior! Do you think he knows how often he'll be going to the craft store with me from now on?

The paper he found was just right. I love that many of the pages have a velvety texture. How perfect is that for a wedding? That's what I thought. Now the real fun began...

Isn't it pretty? (Don't mind the creativity covering the table in the background. ;) )
Since I had not made this particular bag before, I decided to follow instructions for cuts, scores, everything, as written. The result? Not too shabby although I did find places where pieces just didn't fit the way I wanted them to and made slight adjustments.

The text laden wedding paper made a perfect liner for the inside of the bag body.
Accordion side secured with beautiful ribbon.
A few embellishment pearls and plaque and it's done! 

2 comments:

  1. This turned out awesome! The paper is perfect and elegant. Way to save the day T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! I think I might make my own as well! Yours turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete