Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Texture Rich Window Treatment

The master bathroom window has been a source of great contention thought for me.  I've finally wrapped my head around there being a window in the small room and have moved on to asking, "What do I do with it?" It's been so boring and an eye sore. White, plastic mini blinds...yawn.

Boring, snooze-ville
I had two goals when taking on the window. 1st, privacy and 2nd, aesthetics. Wait, reverse that. ;) Creating more privacy was pretty simple. I picked up some fancy-schmancy window cling vinyl in a pattern called Rice Paper. It was super easy to install. Measure, cut, moisture, burnish, done. The installation took all of 10 minutes, tops.

The pattern is great and really brings something to the window. There is an increased level of privacy so I don't have to leave the blinds down all the time now. Yay!

Next up, putting up the twisty sticks above the window. They bring a great texture to the space. I picked up a set of twisty sticks (I'm sure they have a real name but IDK it so twisty sticks it is!) at Target, on clearance for <$5. Score! Sprucing up the twisty sticks was easy too. A little sheer aqua ribbon and twine was all there was to it. I put white hooks on the wall above the window, tied on the sticks and it was done. Easy peasy!

Just the right solution for this space.

Wrap the ribbon around the sticks then knot the last wrap. The twine is pulled under the knot and wrapped around then tied off.



Using white hooks brings them in as a design element.


I just love it! This is a great way to use an accent color without it taking over the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment