Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Absent but Never Idle

School's out for summer!! Everyone now, "School's out forever..." As a teacher, school being out means I have some time to pursue my favorite past times, all things crafty and home improvement. Here's what I've been up to while I've been absent from blogger-space.

Over spring break, Sister brought her family from Michigan for the week. It was a great time! We went here, there and everywhere in between, including the cozy little master bathroom in my house. Wait, what? you ask. I got a whim to change the decor, which isn't surprising. I've painted every room in our house at least twice. So, when I told Hubbs I wanted to paint the bathroom over spring break, he knew what he was in for. Or...did he?

Thankfully, I married a very easy-going man who has put up with living with home improvement supplies in his way; jobs left in various states of completeness as I wait for drying, school to get out or inspiration to return. I just love him! Since the bathroom is an on-going project, I'll post pieces as I go.

Okay, ready, set....the before pictures.

Light green paint adorns this small space.

I know you're wondering, what's out that window? Our neighbors kitchen window of course! Hi Neighbor. Oh, you're washing dishes. I'm, umm...I've gotta go!"

Small oak vanity. Let me tell you, the banjo design of this vanity with the shelf over the back of the toilet...not a great idea designer. Repairs to the toilet means hiring a contortionist to get the job done. We're lucky enough to have one of these in each bathroom!

View from the throne. Like I said, it's a very small space but works.

Open bulb vanity bar...jealous? No, really...you can have it if you want it.

Okay, so, that's it in a nutshell. Tiny bathroom in desperate need of entering 2012. See why I wanted to tackle it over spring break?

No comments:

Post a Comment