Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Day 5: Be prepared...

The wedding is tomorrow!!!

Today, we got things in place and staged for tomorrow. Our family got to the house to find Sara and Wayne already hard at work setting up the chairs.
The goal was to have all the tables, chairs, easy-ups, the bar, Buttercup, guest book table, food tables, and a few detail elements set up before the rehearsal at 4:00 pm.

It was all hands on deck to get all the jobs for today finished. At one point, there were about 10 people working to get a sign that Lyn, Sara's sister, made that needed a stake added to it so it could be placed in the grass.

Doug and Uncle Tom worked to make and attach a stake.
The Toms get the job done!
Rehearsal went well. We ran through it three times with each one being better than the last. This was were I got to wear my "Wedding Bitch" (as Sara and Wayne named me a year ago) hat. James said I looked so official carrying the wedding folder and directing people. :)
Wayne and Josh (Officiant Brother) getting the show started.

Madison practically ran down the aisle the first time. :)

Kieran tried to tell me she couldn't walk slower. :)

Alexa carried a beautiful solar light from the yard.

Shelby was the last of the girls and too opted for the solar light bouquet.
I knew I would be emotional at this wedding. My Friend deserves all the happiness she can get in this world and marrying Wayne makes her very happy. It is hard for me to hold back my emotions at times so I don't know why I was so surprised when this got me...
Sara was so happy and James was so proud to walk his mom down the aisle for rehearsal. Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this beautiful and tear worthy.

The day was getting away from us and before we knew it, it was time to head back to Sunriver for the 6pm BBQ Sara and Wayne were hosting at their house. The guys and most of the kids headed out first. Sara, Kieran, Alexa, Mary and I had to finish a few things including this...
Alexa holding Sara's bouquet!
We quickly gathered the rest of the flowers we needed to finish making bouquets and headed to the BBQ.

It was nice to relax for a little bit and chat with the friends that had just arrived from various places. But again, time was against us and we had to get back to work. Lisa, Sara's high school friend, and Cathy (Sister) rolled up their sleeves and helped Mary and I finish making the bouquets.
The girls' bouquets!
Friend practicing holding her bouquet. :)

I'm proud of how the bouquets turned out. It was pretty fun making them and I definitely could not have done everything today with all the many, many hands that helped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment