Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Wedding Day Survival Kit

Those who know me, know that I like unique things. I like fun things. I like made things. I love shabby chic things. This is a blessing and a curse. A blessing when I have an idea or vision. A curse when I need something but can't find inspiration.

Luckily, I found inspiration quickly for the bridal shower gift I was in need of. A quick Pinterest search for "Bridal shower gifts" resulted in inspiration...a wedding day survival kit. Brilliant! Thank you, Sue at Creative "Try"Als.  This was exactly the inspiration I needed.

I was off and running!


 All the goodies! I couldn't find a bag I liked so I opted for a paint can.


I put a message on each item in the kit. The bride-to-be enjoyed reading them to the crowd. :)


So, what exactly does each thing say?


  • Fashion tape-There will be no wardrobe malfunctions on your special day.
  • Compact mirror-Mirror, Mirror...who's the fairest of them all?
  • Tissues-Here's to shedding tears of joy. 
  • Band-Aids-We'll be there in the nick of time. 
  • Q-tips-Need any tips?
  • Make-up Remover Wipes-What smudge?
  • Secret deodorant-It'll be our little secret. 
  • Aveeno lotion-Don't underestimate the importance of moisturizing. 
  • Cocoa butter vaseline-Smile away with my perma-grin power!
  • Lint roller-Insert pet's name snuggles leave some strays? At your service!
  • Manicure kit-We'll get you out of a snag in a snap!
  • Downy wrinkle remover-Leave the pressing issues to us. 
  • Breath spray-You want to be ready for "the Kiss"
  • Pain reliever-You never know when you might need us. 
  • Clear nail polish-Let's get this clear, I'm here for you!
  • Colgate Wisps-You won't hear, "You've got a little something..." with us on the scene. 
  • Altoids smalls-There will be lots of smooching!




I love how this turned out. Even though I originally wanted to put it in a bag, I do love the effect of the clear paint can container in the end. Happy surprises! We like those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment